Everyone entering Australia must have a Visa and of course, current Passport
with 6 months vallidity at time of entry. Make your visa application well in advance of anticipated travel time. Check carefully with your travel agent to confirm all Australian visa requirements. Quarantine regulations, customs clearance and health issues are noted on the Department of Immigration website. Australia has strict quarantine regulations. Note: Status as a conference delegate, alone, does not guarantee the issuing of a visa.
Important page: Australian Visas-at-a-Glance
Make your visa application well in advance of anticipated travel time. Check carefully with your travel agent to confirm all Australian visa requirements. Please note: Status as a conference delegate, alone, does not guarantee the issuing of a visa.
- Location and address details for Australian Visa offices, worldwide, are listed here.
- Applications for a Visitor visa (600 - bottom of page) allow 4-6 weeks for this application. Some countries' applications are on-line, some are in person...
ON-LINE APPLICATIONS - and restrictions:
Specified countries only may apply for some of the following options
- Visa Wizard: www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/ Make your selections. Specified countries only may apply for some options
- Application on-line for an ETA - Electronic Travel Authority (601) Specified countries only may apply
- Applicants from European countries go to eVisitor (651)
Again, check the Immigration web site and also check with your travel agent.
LETTER TO ACCOMPANY VISA APPLICATION:
If you require a letter for visa purposes, eMail the Secretariat. Please send the following details which are treated in the strictest confidence.
Name (as shown in passport); Academic title (eg
Professor, Dr...); name and address of Academic Institute and Department; sex; date of birth; passport number.